Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor connection ofWhatsapp to cellular data

Whatsapp connection to cellular data is very poor. Messages are only updated only when I open the app. The updating takes long as the app displays 'connecting' for at least one minute before messages start flowing through. I have tried the disconnection of network and reconnecting, resetting network settings etc but those solutions are only very temporary. If I don't toggle the network off and on no messages will be received. When using Wi-Fi there are no issues. The network provider has no issues but whatsapp will not work in the background to update chats. The app is activated to work in background and connect to cellular data. This is now boring to always toggle the network I order to receive chats

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 1:56 AM

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 1:56 AM in response to BaTahh

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Poor connection ofWhatsapp to cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.