Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change the direction of cursor between two vertically aligned monitors

Hi,

I want to set up my new MacBook pro (MacOS Monterey) such that the external monitor is above its screen. I want the mouse to move intuitively up and down, instead of the default left to right.

I saw an old solution from 2007, but it doesn't seem to work now.

Thanks in advance,

Si

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:19 AM

Hello sifromyaffa,

From what you've shared it sounds like you're looking to change the arrangement of your monitors. You can do so at System Preferences > Display > Arrangement.

We hope this helps.

Best regards.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 4, 2022 8:52 AM in response to sifromyaffa

What does the main Displays Preferences pane show?

You keep opening the detail of settings for one display or another on top, of the main Display Preferences window. What happens when you click (Done).

Using an adapter from HDMI to produce a VGA signal is not as well supported as conversions from USB-C. It could be a defect in your adapter that it does not provide the correct EDID signatures that tell the Mac its capabilities.

Jan 4, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks for your replies. I've checked this with my ipad screen, and indeed it was as easy as you suggested. I think that the connection I used with my regular screens (HDMI to HDMI and VGA to HDMI) just doesn't detect the screen in a way that allows to add it as a display. So the screen is detected and I can use it, but there is no way to configure it the way I want. You can see that the screen is detected here:

If you think there's a solution for this as well, please let me know :) it doesn't make sense there won't be a way to do this...

how to change the direction of cursor between two vertically aligned monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.