Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Display -change mouse access from right side of screen to left

I have a MBpro and when I use an Apple Display as the extra screen, I move the mouse to the Left of my MBPro and it enters the Right side of the Apple Display. Now that I am using an iMac as the external display the mouse has to move off the right side of my MBPro and enter the left side of the external display. This last set-up is inconvenient as I need the external display to be physically behind but to the left of my MBPro. So can I change the orientation by using software?

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 5:52 PM

Hello Retepetroc.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you need some help with arranging the displays for the extended desktop mode. We will be glad to assist.

Please see below from the following resource:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Arrange your displays or change your primary display

So that you can move apps and windows across your displays in one continuous motion, arrange your displays to match the setup on your desk. You can also change your primary display, which is where your desktop icons and app windows first appear. 

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays.
  2. Click the Arrangement tab.
  3. To change the position of a display, drag it to the desired position. A red border appears around the display as it's moved.
  4. To set a different display as the primary display, drag the menu bar to the other display.

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 5:52 PM in response to Retepetroc

Hello Retepetroc.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you need some help with arranging the displays for the extended desktop mode. We will be glad to assist.

Please see below from the following resource:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Arrange your displays or change your primary display

So that you can move apps and windows across your displays in one continuous motion, arrange your displays to match the setup on your desk. You can also change your primary display, which is where your desktop icons and app windows first appear. 

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Displays.
  2. Click the Arrangement tab.
  3. To change the position of a display, drag it to the desired position. A red border appears around the display as it's moved.
  4. To set a different display as the primary display, drag the menu bar to the other display.

Cheers.

External Display -change mouse access from right side of screen to left

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.