Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

End to end encryption loops between my 2 devices

My iPad shows an alert that asks me to "Update Apple ID settings - Some account services will not be available until you sign in again".

I press "Continue"

Put in my AppleID Password & sign in (I was already signed in)

It then pops up and says" reset end to end encryption"

I press "Continue" - Then everything goes back to normal.

Then I go to my iMac and I have an alert there telling me to do the exact same thing " Update Apple IS Settings"

This time when I sign in it says "Go to one of your other devices signed into iCloud to approve this Mac"

I go back to my iPad but nothing shows up to approve the Mac.

I press "Can't approve" and it asks me to reset the End to End Encryption.

And the loop then continues - When I approve it on the Mac the iPad asks me to do it again, then I approve it on the iPad and ther Mac asks me to do it again!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:02 PM

Hello Scanjet5,

Thanks for the update. Let's try turning off iCloud Keychain on all of your devices and turn them back on one at a time to see if it helps resolve this issue: Set up iCloud Keychain

Best Regards.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 3, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Scanjet5

Hello Scanjet5,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand your concern with going through the same steps signing in on both of your devices . We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's make sure the iPad and iMac is up-to-date:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

Close all of your apps and restart both of of your devices: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Jan 3, 2022 8:45 AM in response to mario49

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried all of that and it makes no difference. Both my iMac and iPad are up to date. I've shut down everything and restarted both of them, but I keep getting asked to "Update Apple ID settings - Some account services will not be available until you sign in again". on one of the devices.

As soon as I do that the other device then asks me to do it again, and the loop continues.

The key to this is probably that when I go into that process it tells me to "Go to one of your other devices signed into iCloud to approve this Mac (or iPad)", But nothing ever comes up on my other device to allow me to approve the it (even though my other device is signed into iCloud) so I have to select the "Can't approve" then it asks me to reset the End to End Encryption.

Any other ideas why this is happening, or how to stop it? or why it is not sending an approval notice to my other logged in device?

Regards

End to end encryption loops between my 2 devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.