Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone stolen but how to prevent devices parts replacements process or tracking

Dear all, my iphone x was stolen on 31st december 2021. I know it will be not easy to get back but I can suggest to make a mechanism to track stolen device(s) parts if they used with different iPhone device(s). I know this is not possible without apple support team and repairing team..

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:48 AM

give them feedback Product Feedback - Apple

not sure how easy it would be to make a full component tracking, system and how it could interfere with third party repair processes

4 replies

Jan 9, 2022 12:50 PM in response to NareshPrakash

How much more are you willing to pay for an iPhone to put such a system of having parts monitored for use after being stolen? $50? $100? More? Such a feature would unquestionably drive up the cost of products. As far as I'm concerned, they are costly enough, so I for one would not want to pay for such monitoring.

What would happen if someone actually sold their phone for parts? People actually do that. How would they make sure the parts used wouldn't somehow get them in trouble with the parts monitoring police?

You have a good idea. You do. It's implementation would be riddled with issues however.

My phone stolen but how to prevent devices parts replacements process or tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.