Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle or repeat icon not highlighted

Hi,

The shuffle and repeat buttons are not highlighted when clicked... They are functioning ok but I have to go to "control" menu and check whether they're on or off. When I click on the shuffle icon, nothing happens to the icon but it toggles shuffle on and off when I check in the control menu. Similar thing happens to the repeat icon when I click on it except it shows "repeat 1" icon every 3rd click. It's working but I can't tell which mode it's in just by looking at it.

Is there a way to make it visible?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:49 AM

Hi DoctorYJ,

We'd like to help you find the best solution for your controls in the Music app. We would recommend starting with making sure you have the latest updates, and you can do so by following the steps in Update macOS on Mac. If this does not help, verify if this is a system wide issue by logging into or creating another user account on the Mac, by following Set up users, guests and groups on Mac and let us know if this is system wide or not.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 7:49 AM in response to DoctorYJ

Hi DoctorYJ,

We'd like to help you find the best solution for your controls in the Music app. We would recommend starting with making sure you have the latest updates, and you can do so by following the steps in Update macOS on Mac. If this does not help, verify if this is a system wide issue by logging into or creating another user account on the Mac, by following Set up users, guests and groups on Mac and let us know if this is system wide or not.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jan 4, 2022 7:53 AM in response to bailier

Hi bailier,

I followed your suggestion and created another user...and everything worked ok. I came back to my account and figured it out. This is going to sound stupid but it was because I had my "accent color" set as Graphite. The Music app highlights the toggled button using the accent color, and the graphite was the same as non-toggled color. Changing the color fixed it, but it's going to take a while for me to adjust to an accent color other than graphite.

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Shuffle or repeat icon not highlighted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.