Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud login issue - unknown error - iPhone

Hi,

I have an issue with my daughter devices / include settings.

She has 3 devices;

Iphone SE

Ipad air

mac book air

The lates two are signed in to include but we cannot connect I phone. When trying to do so I get message unknown error. Option to sign in is only availaible the I restart the phone as otherwise from settings the "Apple ID , I cloud, Media..." function is grey out.

I was under impression that it can be related to her old phone number still being linked to account so i have manage to change her number in phone settings (my number) to current...messages and face time are working but can not adjust any settings in it (again grey out).

When I log in to Appel ID via inrenet browser the old number is still showing there...its telling me to go to i message and remove it but as its all grey out so I cannot do it. Her I phone do not appeer as connected divice as not sign in.

Im not sure how to correct it all.

Appreciate your help and advice.

Thanks

Adam

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 12:01 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 3, 2022 9:55 AM in response to Adam_ski

Hi Adam_ski,

From what we understand, the iPhone isn't signed into Apple ID, and when you attempt to, you get an unknown error. Is Screen Time enabled on the iPhone(Settings > Screen Time)? If it is, check Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Allow Changes, and see if Account Changes is set to Allow. If it is not, change to Allow and try signing into the Apple ID again.

For more information, check out this article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Take care.

Icloud login issue - unknown error - iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.