Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When transferring data, I had to stop and start again. Now it says “this Mac already has a user account with the same name as the one you are transferring. Do you want to replace the user on this Mac or keep both accounts?”

When transferring data from my old Mac to my new Mac, I had to stop and start again. Now it says “this Mac already has a user account with the same name as the one you are transferring. Do you want to replace the user on this Mac or keep both accounts?” What do I do?

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 4:21 PM

If you want your user account transferred, then you don't have a choice but to delete the partially transferred account and try to transfer the user account again. Nothing on the old Mac will be (or has been) modified.

Similar questions

1 reply

When transferring data, I had to stop and start again. Now it says “this Mac already has a user account with the same name as the one you are transferring. Do you want to replace the user on this Mac or keep both accounts?”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.