Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag and drop music not working

I have an mp3 that I would like to get into the music app on my iPhone. I updated iOS and then also updated the OS on my Mac. When I try to drag the song from Music on my Mac to my phone, nothing happens - no green plus, no error, nothing. My husband tried the same thing with his phone and his Mac and it works perfectly (same iOS, same Mac OS). I even tried plugging my phone into his computer, still no luck. What could possibly be the problem?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:00 AM

Soufle,

If he can get the MP3 into his iTunes/Music library, ask him to create an AAC version and email it to you.

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies

Jan 4, 2022 11:04 AM in response to ed2345

Unfortunately, it still didn’t work.

Yes, we both have the song in Music on our Macs. I had him convert the song and email it to me. Then, I went to the email on my phone and the only choice is to put it in files, there is still no way to get it into the music app on my phone.

Any other ideas?

Jan 4, 2022 5:26 PM in response to ed2345

I do have the song on my Mac in Music. However, I was trying to avoid syncing because this phone has never been synced with this computer and I didn’t want to lose all the playlists on my phone. That’s why I was hoping to just drag the one song to my phone, but that didn’t work. Is syncing my only option?

Drag and drop music not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.