How come drag and drop for music is gone again????

All of a sudden, I cannot drag and drop music from my Mac onto my phone again? Did Apple decide it was too manageable for us? I have the 16.5.1 update on my phone. There was a huge outcry about this issue several years ago when it switched from iTunes to Apple Music. (Sierra OSX) It's a little bit maddening that I own the phone, I own the music. Apple decides what we can do it with. Or is it because I have an 8 that works just fine and they want me to by a new one? Screw it. Next phone is gonna be a basic phone only.

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 5:21 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 30, 2023 12:01 AM in response to SilverdaleJB

SilverdaleJB wrote:

This is not working for me, either. I can't find a way to move songs from my Music library on my Mac Mini to my iPhone even though it is music that I installed on my Mac from a CD I own. My system says it's synching between the music on the Mac and the iPhone, but there are artists and albums on my computer that are not showing up on my phone with the regular synch.

Do I need to start a new thread about this?

See the thread you started in the Music on Mac forum. Sounds like you have iTunes Match (or its Apple Music Sync equivalent) turned on, and that's why you cannot use Finder-to-iPhone synchronization at the same time. As for how well Match/Sync work (or don't), that's a different kettle of fish.

Can't move music from my Mac to my iPhone - Apple Community

Jul 29, 2023 6:11 PM in response to ringthembells

This is not working for me, either. I can't find a way to move songs from my Music library on my Mac Mini to my iPhone even though it is music that I installed on my Mac from a CD I own. My system says it's synching between the music on the Mac and the iPhone, but there are artists and albums on my computer that are not showing up on my phone with the regular synch.

Do I need to start a new thread about this?

How come drag and drop for music is gone again????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.