Stop Music from erasing music on my phone when syncing

Hi, even if I choose the manual sync option when transferring music to my phone, the app erases everything already there & replaces it with only the new item. How can I just add music to what's already there? It's ridiculous to be forced to re-download thousands of tracks when I only want to add something new. I tried Airdropping or emailing files to the phone but can't see how to then get them into the Music app. Is there a third party app I can get for the phone which will allow me to manipulate the music files?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 8:52 PM

According to your first post you are syncing. When manually manage music is selected you don't hit the sync button.

With your iPhone connected and set up as in the screen shot below (manually manage music selected):

open the music app or iTunes on your computer and drag music onto your iPhone in the Sidebar (as in the screen shot below):

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 8:52 PM in response to Tripledox

According to your first post you are syncing. When manually manage music is selected you don't hit the sync button.

With your iPhone connected and set up as in the screen shot below (manually manage music selected):

open the music app or iTunes on your computer and drag music onto your iPhone in the Sidebar (as in the screen shot below):

Stop Music from erasing music on my phone when syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.