Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Unable to move Music from my iPhone to my MacBook - plus - artwork is incorrect on iPhone 12

Most fixes I have read tells you to just delete all music files on your iPhone, and then re-sync on Music > but I am not able to do this - because my iPhone has music that is not in my Macbook's Music app. I've never found a way to get all my music that is on my iPhones, onto my newer MacBook Air (2020). Previously, I used an app called Senuti, but it isn't supported anymore. I started re-ripping all my 2,000+ CDs into Music, now the album artwork on my phone is all wonky. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 12:08 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 4, 2023 10:04 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your input. I was able to find a back up on an old external hard drive.

It doesn't seem normal that Apple would not support moving music that I already own (purchased via hardcopy cd, audio tape etc) that is on my older iPhone or iPod devices that I also own. Not sure why the decision was made to do away with iTunes. The Music app is terrible, really poor UI and extremely buggy.

Thanks again.

Oct 13, 2023 12:28 PM in response to susytg

Hello susytg,

There is not a way to move music files from your iPhone to your Mac. If the music files themselves are on the Mac hard drive, you can re-sync them with iTunes / Finder and then sync that with your iPhone so that the music libraries will match. This article explains how to do that: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support.

Once the music is imported, follow this guidance: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Dec 2, 2023 4:36 AM in response to Gena_D

Hi Gena, if the my music files exist on my iPhone - why would I not be able to get them off my phone?

I've been using Apple products since 1993, way before everything was "synced". Over the years I've gone thru 15+ desktops & laptops, and have been adding music to my iTunes with my first iPod. Now all of that music is lost?

Unable to move Music from my iPhone to my MacBook - plus - artwork is incorrect on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.