Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allow my Apple ID to reset this passpowd

Hello. Please tell me, when setting up a new MacBook, I forgot to uncheck the box "Allow my Apple ID to reset this passpowd". How can I disable this feature?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 3:39 AM

Just for the record - the assistance offered was to the OP.

If it did not help in your situation - would suggest opening you own question " Find answers and ask questions in Apple Support Communities "

1. On the next page, you can Create a new post. It's helpful to include details like product specs, software version numbers, actions that cause the issue, and any troubleshooting you've already done. Please also keep in mind the community etiquette guidelines.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 3:39 AM in response to auticon

Just for the record - the assistance offered was to the OP.

If it did not help in your situation - would suggest opening you own question " Find answers and ask questions in Apple Support Communities "

1. On the next page, you can Create a new post. It's helpful to include details like product specs, software version numbers, actions that cause the issue, and any troubleshooting you've already done. Please also keep in mind the community etiquette guidelines.

Jan 4, 2022 5:28 PM in response to PRP_53

This does not help for the opposite case: I had said no, but I want to say yes. Do I seriously have to: (1) create a temporary admin account; (2) login to the new admin account; (3) delete the original admin account; (4) recreate the original admin account; (5) login to the new, recreated admin account; (6) delete the temporary admin account...

... just to be able to change this toggle from off to on?

Allow my Apple ID to reset this passpowd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.