Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vo2 Max not updating in health app using Apple Watch 7

I upgrade my watch from the series 4 to the series 7. After my first run I noticed that my Vo2 Max did not update in the health app. Everything else is working and syncing it is only the Vo2 Max that is not updating. It worked 100% with the apple watch 4. Any solution to get the Vo2 Max to update? The watch is 3 days old I have only done 2 runs.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 1:25 PM

Does it have to be a walk or run? My vo2 max stopped measuring on Jan 30 after being measured for years. I do a 20 min bike ride every other day and I’m not getting anything…

11 replies

Jan 6, 2022 10:57 AM in response to SnickZ.

I just went from an Apple watch series 2 to series 7 and have noticed two things.

1) My VO2 (tracked for only one day) went from 39 to 30. I have trending data for my series 2 watch for at least 6 months.

2) It no longer shows VO2 for the past two days of work outs.

My watch and phone have the latest software updates and I believe all my settings are correct.

I did however try this step below and got stuck on step 2 as there was no way to click on "Set up."

Next, make sure that you didn't miss anything when setting it up. Review the steps in this article: Set up Cardio Fitness Levels - Apple Support

I only have until Saturday(Jan. 8) to return my watch and would like some help.

Jan 4, 2022 6:12 AM in response to Gerhard308

Hello Gerhard308,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are having an issue with your new Apple Watch Series 7 not updating your Vo2 Max to the Health app. Here are a couple of things you can try to see if you can get it working.

First, update your Apple Watch, we understand this is a new watch, but there may be an update that was released after the watch was manufactured See this article for a reminder on how to update the WatchOS: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Next, make sure that you didn't miss anything when setting it up. Review the steps in this article: Set up Cardio Fitness Levels - Apple Support

Next, check the Motion & Fitness privacy settings. On your phone go to Settings > Privacy >Motion & Fitness, make sure Fitness Tracking and Health is turned on. On your phone, in the Watch App, to to My Watch > Privacy and make sure Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate is turned on.

And finally, if you are still not able to get it to update, Contact Apple Support directly for more specific troubleshooting assistance.

Best regards.

Vo2 Max not updating in health app using Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.