Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Mode on iPad

I turned on lost mode for my iPad from my phone, the status is pending but every time I check on it, it says 8 minutes ago or some other time ago. Is the iPad still being used or being turned on? Whats up with the 8 mins ago?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:30 AM

It could be because the IPad is not connected to the internet or WiFi as per the following link:

When a device is marked as lost, one of these status notes appears below the Mark As Lost section:

• Pending: If the device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network when you mark it as lost, Pending appears until the device goes online again.
  • Activated: Once the device goes online, the device is marked as lost.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 2:30 AM in response to breanna215

It could be because the IPad is not connected to the internet or WiFi as per the following link:

When a device is marked as lost, one of these status notes appears below the Mark As Lost section:

• Pending: If the device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network when you mark it as lost, Pending appears until the device goes online again.
  • Activated: Once the device goes online, the device is marked as lost.

Jan 3, 2022 2:26 AM in response to breanna215

Well, firstly, the iPad should be updated. However, if you are not just testing out the features and your iPad is actually stolen, you should contact Apple and request that they manually lock the device themselves until it can be retrieved—or call your local authorities and provide all necessary information about the device and its most current location.

Lost Mode on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.