Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit bug "motion detected" only when Apple TV 4K is on

I have a homekit logitech doorbell that has been going off the rails with "motion detected" every time a car drives by. The problem is the only time this happens is when the Apple TV is on, when it is off I don't get these notifications. Ive gone through all the settings on my Apple TV, iPhones, iPads and MacBook and they're all obviously in line and made to not notify for cars. I have "specific motions" enabled but after searching related issues ive seen some people mention that users need to chose "only when a clip is recorded" to notify. This does not work, actually every single suggestion that ive come across hasn't worked. The only variable is the Apple TV, which I even removed and hard reset with no fix. Im starting to get to the point where I am considering just selling the Apple TV and using my Xbox to stream content.

Anyone ever dealt with this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:52 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 4, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Robstunner

Hello Robstunner,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, when your Apple TV is connected to the network your HomeKit camera tells you that there is 'Motion Detected'. Even though you have this disabled. We'll do our best to assist with this.

You mentioned this only happens when the Apple TV is connected and on.

1. If that's the case, we'd make sure the Apple TV is up to date: Update your Apple TV
  2. Power cycle all devices (the Apple TV, iPhones, iPads, MacBook, and the camera).
  3. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Home and iCloud Keychain. On your Mac, make sure that Home and Keychain are turned on in System Preferences > iCloud.
  4. Download the manufacturer's app for the camera or make sure it's up to date in the App Store.
  5. Then turn off ever iOS device or Mac that you use in the Home app, then turn them back on.

If the issue persists after these steps, then it would be best to connect with Apple Support directly: Get Support

Wishing you well, take care.

Jan 4, 2022 4:41 PM in response to destiny241

Well it’s seemed to have gotten more complicated since yesterday. When The HomePod and the Apple TV are plugged in and the Apple TV is turned off then everything works as it should. However when I turn on the Apple TV the motion detecting issue comes up. If I disconnect the Apple TV and only mini is connected the issue also persists. If I disconnect the HomePod and just have the Apple TV plugged in, then it works normally until I turn it on, then the issue persists

Homekit bug "motion detected" only when Apple TV 4K is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.