Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uber not allowing use of Apple Pay, "Oops something went wrong: This product is currently unavailable with Apple Pay."

Hi,

I recently acquired an Apple Pay card. Among it's benefits is 2% rewards on Uber. As such, I expected Apple Pay to be able to be used on Uber. However, two nights ago, I attempted two separate rides using Apple Pay and I received the following notification when I was not allowed to use Apple Pay, "Oops something went wrong: This product is currently unavailable with Apple Pay. Please add a credit cad to your Uber account and try again."

Why would Uber not be available with Apple Pay if one of the explicit benefits of Apple Pay is 2% back on Uber?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:25 AM

I could not find any way to contact Uber directly so I had to ask via a pre-determined question such as changing my payment method for a prior ride which they provided no helpful information.

Message #1:

"We’re sorry, but the app doesn’t currently support switching payment methods to Apple Pay or Google Pay yet.

If there’s a different payment method you’d like to switch to, let me know the details.

To manage how you pay in the future, tap on the payment method at the bottom of the request screen before confirming your selection.

We appreciate your understanding."

Message #2:

"When you use Apple Pay, Uber is authorized to charge a specific card on your Apple Pay account for your request. However, we’re unable to switch your payment method to or from Apple Pay after the request has been completed.

If you’d like to charge requests to a different payment method in the future, be sure to select it before your next request. Also, if you want to change the card associated with your Apple Pay account, that needs to be done directly through Apple Pay. Apple does not authorize Uber to charge different cards on your behalf.

Thank you for your understanding, and you can find more information on managing your payment methods here.

I truly appreciate your patience and understanding."

In the question, I made it explicit I am unconcerned with changing the payment retroactively but am just using this message as a means to inquire about my inability to pay using Apple Pay. They ignored my point and continued to state they cannot change to Apple Pay retroactively (which was not my point). Gist being, they were unhelpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 6:25 AM in response to askbarnabas

I could not find any way to contact Uber directly so I had to ask via a pre-determined question such as changing my payment method for a prior ride which they provided no helpful information.

Message #1:

"We’re sorry, but the app doesn’t currently support switching payment methods to Apple Pay or Google Pay yet.

If there’s a different payment method you’d like to switch to, let me know the details.

To manage how you pay in the future, tap on the payment method at the bottom of the request screen before confirming your selection.

We appreciate your understanding."

Message #2:

"When you use Apple Pay, Uber is authorized to charge a specific card on your Apple Pay account for your request. However, we’re unable to switch your payment method to or from Apple Pay after the request has been completed.

If you’d like to charge requests to a different payment method in the future, be sure to select it before your next request. Also, if you want to change the card associated with your Apple Pay account, that needs to be done directly through Apple Pay. Apple does not authorize Uber to charge different cards on your behalf.

Thank you for your understanding, and you can find more information on managing your payment methods here.

I truly appreciate your patience and understanding."

In the question, I made it explicit I am unconcerned with changing the payment retroactively but am just using this message as a means to inquire about my inability to pay using Apple Pay. They ignored my point and continued to state they cannot change to Apple Pay retroactively (which was not my point). Gist being, they were unhelpful.

Uber not allowing use of Apple Pay, "Oops something went wrong: This product is currently unavailable with Apple Pay."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.