Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID password reset

I do not have the password for my child's apple id which is also an icloud email. It wants to me to verify a code sent to the email that I cannot get access to. It also says it will send an email in regard to the status of the request. Doesn't make much sense.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:46 AM

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 3, 2022 12:32 PM in response to Eric Root

I've tried that several times. It actual sends a passcode to my wife's phone first and once I enter that it then says it sent another passcode to the apple ID email that I don't know the password to so I can never get past that point. I then say I can't use that email address and it says it will take several days and I'll get an email (to the email I don't have the password to) with instructions on how to reset. I'm probably missing something but seems like it should be pretty straight forward.

Apple ID password reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.