Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete an app from my Iphone 13 Pro Max but when I do and go to reinstall it on the app store it shows it still in icloud. I need to reinstall it like its never been installed t

I want to delete an app from my Iphone 13 Pro Max but when I do and go to reinstall it on the app store it shows it still in icloud. I need to reinstall it like its never been installed

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:07 AM

The app itself is not saved in your cloud account, just a memo in your Purchased list that you have previously downloaded the app before. If you tap the cloud down arrow icon you will get the most recent version of the app from the App Store.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 8:07 AM in response to merlfromwheeling

The app itself is not saved in your cloud account, just a memo in your Purchased list that you have previously downloaded the app before. If you tap the cloud down arrow icon you will get the most recent version of the app from the App Store.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jan 7, 2022 11:25 AM in response to Dah•veed

I understand Dah*veed's answer, but it's not what I'm experiencing. I fully deleted an app from my phone and when I go to reinstall it [I need a truly "clean" installation, as if it were a new app], after I press the down arrow from the cloud symbol all of the work I did and changes I made to the app are still there when I open it. I do not get a "fresh" unused app. And, yes, I deleted it and did not "remove" it. Help!!! Thanks in advance.

Jan 7, 2022 11:54 AM in response to TopcatSF

There is no such thing as a "fresh unused app" unless you completely erase your device and reset it to the factory settings, then set it up as a new device, downloading all new apps, foregoing all previous data associated with all of those apps.

That app in question creates a cache of data on your device so that when you download a fresh version of that app, it locates and connects to that cache of data stored on your device.

I want to delete an app from my Iphone 13 Pro Max but when I do and go to reinstall it on the app store it shows it still in icloud. I need to reinstall it like its never been installed t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.