Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing album for screenshots

I searched this question: "no album for iphone screenshots" and the only suggestion was to look in the media types under "Albums". There is no such album ANYWHERE under albums. It is totally missing. The phone sounds like it is taking one when I do the usual 2-button process, but no photo appears anywhere. I need to get this corrected. Yes, I have the latest version of iOS. Jim

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:04 PM

All of a sudden when I took a test screenshot, a few minute ago, the image appeared briefly under "recent" then a Screenshot category magically appeared with the image! I had gone into settings to see if anything look amiss there, but did NOT change anything. (Yes, I do upload to iCloud, but didn't change that setting). I have NO idea what just happened, but so far, I can now take, see and save screenshots. Thanks for your suggestions.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 2:04 PM in response to Oldgobbler

All of a sudden when I took a test screenshot, a few minute ago, the image appeared briefly under "recent" then a Screenshot category magically appeared with the image! I had gone into settings to see if anything look amiss there, but did NOT change anything. (Yes, I do upload to iCloud, but didn't change that setting). I have NO idea what just happened, but so far, I can now take, see and save screenshots. Thanks for your suggestions.

Jan 3, 2022 1:50 PM in response to sberman

When I first got this iPhone 7 it took screenshots. I just suddenly stopped doing so. The file with early screenshots disappeared. I have no idea where "Animated" came from. I"m not the expert. Obviously (Catch-22) I cannot take a screenshot of the Albums section. As I said, all the other categories are there except "Screenshots" and "RAW".

Missing album for screenshots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.