Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a watch but the activation lock is on and we don’t know the info to sign in

I bought an Apple Watch and can’t get into it

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 1:42 AM

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down to a bad experience.

4 replies

Jan 3, 2022 8:44 PM in response to jaxon281

Okay so unfortunately Apple can't do anything about it because the Apple Watch was bought from a third party. Because you have no proof of purchase Apple can't unlock the device because they don't know if someone lost the device or the person that sold it to you stole it. You can try contacting the person you got the watch from and tell them to remove the device from their find my account. But all I can recommend that you do is try to return it to the seller and next time try to purchase the watch from an authorized retailer. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional details.

Sorry About That,

Adin F

I bought a watch but the activation lock is on and we don’t know the info to sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.