Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Download GarageBand or Final Cut Pro for Older iMac

I just reset my iMac (late 2013) to get all the junk off of it. I only use it for cutting music and videos and when I went to re-download GarageBand and Final Cut Pro I can no longer access these programs because of the Monterey OS update. Forums seem to say the App Store should just let me download the most recent version of the programs that's compatible with my system, but apparently that is not happening. It just gives me an error message about needing version 11.0 or higher.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:59 PM

You don't say which version of macOS you are running. Assuming you are running Mojave or later, open the App Store, click your name on the bottom left. That opens the purchased page, scroll through the page until you see GarageBand and/or Final Cut. Click on the download icons. If running High Sierra or earlier, click on the Purchased tab and do the same thing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 8:59 PM in response to Kelbeldanz

You don't say which version of macOS you are running. Assuming you are running Mojave or later, open the App Store, click your name on the bottom left. That opens the purchased page, scroll through the page until you see GarageBand and/or Final Cut. Click on the download icons. If running High Sierra or earlier, click on the Purchased tab and do the same thing.

Can't Download GarageBand or Final Cut Pro for Older iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.