Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen lcd bleed

My screen has just black pixels at the top near the notch can this be fixed? If show how much will I have to pay the phone is not damaged in any way

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:36 PM

Not sure what it looks like without a photo, but Apple does have standards (I don't know the exact numbers) for warranty/AppleCare replacement depending on the number of dead/stuck pixels, although a band of dead video would seem to qualify. If it's not under warranty then of course you'll have to pay for it yourself.

But it could be anything. Some odd appearances can come from a misaligned connector but something on the main board would make it really expensive. You might just want to get a diagnostic and see what that uncovers. If it's a fault with the display, then that will just cost whatever Apple charges for the screen replacement which would be $279 plus tax in the United States.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 8:36 PM in response to AbrahimKhokhar

Not sure what it looks like without a photo, but Apple does have standards (I don't know the exact numbers) for warranty/AppleCare replacement depending on the number of dead/stuck pixels, although a band of dead video would seem to qualify. If it's not under warranty then of course you'll have to pay for it yourself.

But it could be anything. Some odd appearances can come from a misaligned connector but something on the main board would make it really expensive. You might just want to get a diagnostic and see what that uncovers. If it's a fault with the display, then that will just cost whatever Apple charges for the screen replacement which would be $279 plus tax in the United States.

Screen lcd bleed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.