Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch heart rate monitor

I was getting a physical the other day and was in doctors office. I told him that my resting heart rate was typically below 35 (as measured by Cardio App) each morning when woke up, and was still in bed. I said the apple watch at the same time typically read about twice that amount. I asked if he knew why. He had me on his monitor, and it at the time read about 40. (I had ridden my bike to his office.). He manually measured my pulse and confirmed about 40. However, my apple watch read about 75. He said: “you need to tell this to Apple. They need to know that their watch is not correctly reading pulse rate. Perhaps it is because your heart rate is extremely low, and it is not set up to read such out of norm rates. You have a low heart rate because you are so physically active, but the apple watch should still provide a closer match.” Thouhts?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 1:47 AM

Check that your health details are correct in the health app.

Quote from apple support page;

The optical heart sensor supports a range of 30–210 beats per minute

Try this;

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple watch heart rate monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.