Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 Crash and Reboot when in Sleep Mode

Hey All,

I ran into some issue where my mac mini m1 would crash and reboot when going to sleep, I had a bunch of stuff installed on it so I thought it was a good time to make a fresh install. I completely formatted the drive and downloaded a fresh copy of the OS.

Then I installed the application I need for my daily use but the problem remains. The mac mini runs when great when using it but as soon as it enters sleep mode, I come back to a message that the computer was rebooted due to a problem

Below is the log, I tried to google some keywords but came empty-handed, can anyone with more experience pinpoint what is driving the issue.

Thanks a lot.

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 1:46 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2022 9:26 AM in response to m0gwaiz

+1 This is a known issue.

If you are on and off the computer during the day, then full sleep is not needed or necessary with the new energy efficient Mac's.

Check "Prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off" in the Energy Saver preference and only allow your display(s) to sleep during daly usage... Then manually Sleep or Shutdown the iMac from the dropdown menu at night or when you are going to be away for more than a day.

Mac Mini M1 Crash and Reboot when in Sleep Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.