Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on Macbook not controlling speakers (Homepod Mini/MuSo)

Since a recent update to Monterey (12.1) Apple Music on my Macbook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) has stopped being able to control music on Homepod Minis or Naim MuSos. Previous to the update, I was able to use the Apple Music app, select "Control other devices" and then choose the music to play to each individual Homepod. This is now not the case! When I select one of the Homepods that shows up (all of which are showing as "Not Playing") it shows "Switching to...<homepod name>" in the bottom left of the Apple Music app but then resets to the original screen.

I am also no longer able to airplay to these devices. When I select the checkbox next to the speaker/homepod, I get 2 pop up messages - the first says `This speaker is set to allow access to people sharing this home. To play to this speaker from this Mac, change the Home app setting to "Anyone on Same Network"`. The second: `The AirPlay device "SpeakerName" cannot be selected for audio output. Please verify your Network settings and AirPlay configuration or select another device`.

Neither of these happened previous to the update. My iPhone and iPad will still connect and play to all of the devices connected - its just on the Macbook.

Has anyone else come across this and fixed it?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:31 AM

It mysteriously fixed itself later in the day...

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music on Macbook not controlling speakers (Homepod Mini/MuSo)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.