Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplaying from itunes (mac) to stereo homepods is simply a nightmare

I have two homepods in stereo pair and mostly (try to) listen to music through airplay from itunes on a macbook computer.

What is constantly happening is;

• one of the homepods intermittently loses connection and is not playing for 1-2 seconds in the middle of a song
  • both of the homepods lose connection for a seconds and stop playing any music
  • when I change the volume in itunes it changes the volume of the homepods but then revert back to the original volume, sometimes leading to automatic back-and-forth movements of the volume slider in itunes

For such expensive speakers and buying into the whole apple infrastructure with apple music, this is really disappointing.

I tried to completely reset the speakers and setting them up completely from scratch multiple times. This sometimes worked for a couple of days without issues until the problems reappeared.

This also makes me think that it is not an issue with wifi / signal interference (the speakers are also in the same room as the laptop just few inches apart).

Also, both speakers have newest firmware.

I am running out of ideas and probably just want to get some steam off. Seriously, I now spent so much time trying to get this work as it is advertised – it is simply frustrating.

Any tipps, still, highly appreciated!

HomePod, 15

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:21 PM

I resolved a similar issue by assigned static IP addresses to the Stereo HomePods via the router settings. Also try (temporarily) disabling the 5Ghz band on the router to see if this could be a cause. Another possible cause is Smart Connect features of routers (that try to optimise the wifi but can confuse devices like Homepods).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 1:21 PM in response to parskley

I resolved a similar issue by assigned static IP addresses to the Stereo HomePods via the router settings. Also try (temporarily) disabling the 5Ghz band on the router to see if this could be a cause. Another possible cause is Smart Connect features of routers (that try to optimise the wifi but can confuse devices like Homepods).

airplaying from itunes (mac) to stereo homepods is simply a nightmare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.