Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID disabled

Please my Face ID have been disabled! Is there any way I can repair it??

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 5:04 AM

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID &Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

Do you have a disabled Face ID alert on your device?

Please read the "What to do Next" section in this link, if nothing works as per the instruction given in this link --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 5:04 AM in response to Labbaiak

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID &Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

Do you have a disabled Face ID alert on your device?

Please read the "What to do Next" section in this link, if nothing works as per the instruction given in this link --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Jan 4, 2022 5:35 AM in response to Labbaiak

The second support article provided by SravanKrA tells you this

What to do next

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone.

So if you've satisfied #1 and made sure your iPhone is up to date, then do #2.. contact Apple. Do not select 'get help from users around the world'. If you see that alert, it's a hardware issue. You need to talk to Apple or bring your phone in for service. Not something we can help you with.

Feb 9, 2022 10:57 PM in response to Labbaiak

updated to new operating system and my Face ID is not disabled on both my phone and iPad. I’m getting error messages trying to log in to apps I have never had problems with and it seems my Apple Watch data is no longer being picked up by my phone either. My apple care plan expired last month. I spent a hour trying to resolve the problem with apple support but they said it will cost me >$450 to send just my phone in for repair. Since I can’t even reset the Face ID they’re saying the new operating system detected a problem with my camera. When I said it only began with the update so I didn’t understand how the cost should be on me, they argued. How can both devices malfunction to the point of requiring expensive repairs with a simple update? And how is updating my operating system my fault? Clearly there’s something else happening here. My camera didn't just break on multiple devices at the same time. Please help!

Face ID disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.