Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPad warranty cover a cracked screen replacement?

8th generation ipad.

My sons iPad screen has cracked, he is an autistic child who has not much knowledge on handing with iPads.

I have warranty until 13th January 2022.

can I please get help? Need to get it fix because the iPad is also started to glitch.

by law it status I can get an replacement if repair can not take place.

please can you help.

thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, 10

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:08 AM

The standard iPad device warranty does not cover any accidental damage - or a broken screen.

If you purchased an [additional cost] AppleCare+ plan when the iPad was new, this insurance plan will provide cover for accidental damage. A claim under AppleCare+ carries a small excess/deductible charge - whereas an out-of-warranty screen repair will cost c.60% of the “as new” price of the iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:08 AM in response to shafina1984

The standard iPad device warranty does not cover any accidental damage - or a broken screen.

If you purchased an [additional cost] AppleCare+ plan when the iPad was new, this insurance plan will provide cover for accidental damage. A claim under AppleCare+ carries a small excess/deductible charge - whereas an out-of-warranty screen repair will cost c.60% of the “as new” price of the iPad.

Does iPad warranty cover a cracked screen replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.