Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen time is not updating

My son's iPad has not been updated under Screen Time since Dec 28th.

I can't control it from my iPhone.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:53 AM

Hello brooklynmimi,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're no longer able to use Screen Time to control your child's iPad. We're happy to look into this with you.

If you haven't already, review the Related Article at the top of this page to confirm you've followed all steps to set up parental controls. If the issue persists, restart both devices. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 7:53 AM in response to brooklynmimi

Hello brooklynmimi,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're no longer able to use Screen Time to control your child's iPad. We're happy to look into this with you.

If you haven't already, review the Related Article at the top of this page to confirm you've followed all steps to set up parental controls. If the issue persists, restart both devices. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

screen time is not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.