You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change birthday for child apple ID account

Answering my own question here since I just went thru extensive research and both chat/phone contact with Apple Support. . .When we created my son's apple ID account I mistakenly put his incorrect birth year. Thus, Apple thinks he's 11 when he's really 16. When I tried to change a birth date from his iCloud account, Apple wouldn't let us make a change that would re-classify his account from "child" (under 13) to standard (over 13). I was told that the only solutions were to delete the iCloud account all together or wait until the incorrect birthday reflected age 13.

However, the senior level advisor offered the key workaround. . .What you need to do is change the child's birthday to 12 years, 364 days and then 24hours later you can go in and change the birthday again to reflect the accurate birthday. Once Apple's system recognizes the iCloud user as age 13, they can then change their birthday to 13 or older. I'm not sure if it's going to ask my permission again since the associated account will no longer be considered "child" but if it does ask my permission tomorrow that will be an easy additional step. Either way, this is MUCH BETTER than having to delete an iCloud account that's several years old which would have meant permanent loss of all associated data.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 10:28 AM

There are no replies.

Change birthday for child apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.