Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey 12.2 upgrade stopped Bose speaker from working

I updated my Mac mini with Monterey 12.1 and while I am able to pair the Bose speaker no sound comes out. I updated the Bose software as well. Is there a fix for this, the speaker works with my iPhone and iPad and did work with my Mac mini until I updated to Monterey 12.1.

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 10:07 AM

I am using Bose Companion 5 speakers and came here as after updating to Monterey 12.2 as the speaker icon had a slash through it and I was assuming it no longer worked. However, all I had to do was drag the volume control up to max and it began working again. It seems the update muted the Bose speakers. If others are having this same issue, just try manually increasing the volume in the volume control on the mac. Yeah, I know sounds stupid, but considering I always use the Bose speakers and always have the volume set to max, as instructed by Bose for use with computers, I failed to recognize the muted speaker status as such and thought it was just not working with the Bose anymore.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Lafarrior

I am using Bose Companion 5 speakers and came here as after updating to Monterey 12.2 as the speaker icon had a slash through it and I was assuming it no longer worked. However, all I had to do was drag the volume control up to max and it began working again. It seems the update muted the Bose speakers. If others are having this same issue, just try manually increasing the volume in the volume control on the mac. Yeah, I know sounds stupid, but considering I always use the Bose speakers and always have the volume set to max, as instructed by Bose for use with computers, I failed to recognize the muted speaker status as such and thought it was just not working with the Bose anymore.

Monterey 12.2 upgrade stopped Bose speaker from working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.