Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black selfcam miniature on FaceTime

Hello,

I have been noticing a bug when using FaceTime. Every time that I am in a video call (in FaceTime) and change the focus to other app (with the call still running), when I get back on FaceTime the call is still up but my self-cam miniature turns shadowy black (as in the image below). Every time I need to restart the call and avoid using other apps to prevent the problem.

Best Regards

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 12:42 PM

Hey DannyFPS,

It looks like there's an interface issue occurring when using FaceTime and switching apps. We can help.

Have you tried restarting yet? If not, try that now: Restart your iPhone. Also make sure that the iPhone is running the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you're still having trouble, let us know if it happens no matter which apps you switch to. For example, if you switch to Safari, does the same thing happen?

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 12:42 PM in response to DannyFPS

Hey DannyFPS,

It looks like there's an interface issue occurring when using FaceTime and switching apps. We can help.

Have you tried restarting yet? If not, try that now: Restart your iPhone. Also make sure that the iPhone is running the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you're still having trouble, let us know if it happens no matter which apps you switch to. For example, if you switch to Safari, does the same thing happen?

Cheers.

Black selfcam miniature on FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.