Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help to remove security lock

I honestly don’t know how, or what I did to my phone, as I was half asleep when it happened.

I awoke to find everything highly enlarged, magnified to the point that I could not sign in bc the numberers were so big that only one number fit on the screen of my iPhone. When I tried to pinch the screen to reduce the size, that method no longer worked. So, I thought for safety purposes, I’d shut it down and try to reboot. My phone was up to date before this happened. Needless to say, I couldn’t shut the phone down, bc again, the screen was so enlarged when the slide bar came up to shut it down, I couldn’t complete the slide to power it off.

Now there’s a Security Lock on the phone bc I continued to attempt to shrink the size of the numbers so I could login and apparently, it assumed I couldn’t remember my own login, thus, locked the phone for security purposes.

Is anyone able to help me unlock my phone?

Thank you in advance, for any suggestions and/or help.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 3:54 PM

Twindragonfly Said:

"Need help to remove security lock: I honestly don’t know how, or what I did to my phone, as I was half asleep when it happened. [...]Now there’s a Security Lock on the phone bc I continued to attempt to shrink the size of the numbers so I could login and apparently, it assumed I couldn’t remember my own login, thus, locked the phone for security purposes.[...]"

-------

If you Forgot the Passcode...

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

If locked out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 3:54 PM in response to Twindragonfly

Twindragonfly Said:

"Need help to remove security lock: I honestly don’t know how, or what I did to my phone, as I was half asleep when it happened. [...]Now there’s a Security Lock on the phone bc I continued to attempt to shrink the size of the numbers so I could login and apparently, it assumed I couldn’t remember my own login, thus, locked the phone for security purposes.[...]"

-------

If you Forgot the Passcode...

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

If locked out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jan 7, 2022 11:05 PM in response to Twindragonfly

Just upgraded to a new iPhone 13 Pro Max 2 days ago, and it went into security lockout and got disabled completely. I didn't do a backup, and the old iPhone has been erased. So I have no way of getting back access to the new iPhone to retrieve all the data. Multiple trips to the Apple Store & the techs keep saying Apple doesn't do data recovery and referred me to other data recovery places like Micro Center or DriveSavers. The Apple phone tech at Micro Center is out sick most likely because of, and DriveSavers claims they can't recover the data because of iOS's data encryption with "Secure Enclave" (https://drivesaversdatarecovery.com/iphone-data-recovery-results/). Now what??!!! I get the whole security & privacy of the data, but I can't get back into my own phone to do backup even when I remember my iCloud password and could prove that I'm the genuine owner with the original box & receipt & ID, and I can't afford erase all the years of data I've had!!! And the freaking alarm keeps going off and I can't even get back into my own phone to stop it. Have to keep pressing the power or volume buttons to snooze it. Apple seems to want nothing to do with this when this is their product and hardware encryption. Really, Apple???!!! This is ridiculous!!! Anyone knows how to resolve this???

Need help to remove security lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.