Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to charge my Apple Watch that came with no charger

Why don’t Apple Watch’s come with a charger.

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 5:11 PM

Apple hasn't included a charger with Apple Watch or iPhone for some time now. Here are your options:

1. If you owned a previous Apple Watch, use what you used to charge it
  2. If you have a modern laptop or computer with USB C input, plug the charging cable into your computer
  3. Use any USB C charging plug you may already own
  4. If you don't own any USB C Charging plug, buy one. If you got Apple Watch Series 7, you'll want a 20w USB C plug. Apple Sells one. Best Buy sells them. Amazon sells them. The Anker Nano 20w USB C plug at Best Buy costs about $16 and is highly rated.
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 5:11 PM in response to NoCharger

Apple hasn't included a charger with Apple Watch or iPhone for some time now. Here are your options:

1. If you owned a previous Apple Watch, use what you used to charge it
  2. If you have a modern laptop or computer with USB C input, plug the charging cable into your computer
  3. Use any USB C charging plug you may already own
  4. If you don't own any USB C Charging plug, buy one. If you got Apple Watch Series 7, you'll want a 20w USB C plug. Apple Sells one. Best Buy sells them. Amazon sells them. The Anker Nano 20w USB C plug at Best Buy costs about $16 and is highly rated.

Jan 5, 2022 12:16 PM in response to Georgyboy3

If the previous chargers were authentic Apple chargers, the update should not have made them useless to charge your watch. If they are 3rd party, not Mfi certified, they likely stole the codes that worked previously, but don't have access to them after the update. That's on them, not Apple. I have an original Apple Charger, from my very first Apple Watch and it charges my Series 7 Watch. I have 3rd party chargers, which are Mfi certified and they charge my Series 7 watch. I have however, switched over to fast charging at home and office and am using only the new Apple Charger for Series 7 with 20w USB C charging plugs.

Jan 5, 2022 12:05 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I have this problem since the 8.3 update.

since Nov 5th when mine arrived it has worked on all charger. Series 6 USB A charger. All the USB A charger pads I have.

the USB A on the side of my sofa. The car USB A.

This was all stopped by Apple on the Dec 13th update.

None of these now work.

Having not been told this was going to happen we have been conned into buying a usb Charger which is the 1 and only thing we can charge it on

So much for saving the planet by not packing in a charger to charge in the box we all still have get one and even have to pay for it anyway!!

And all the other had been usable items are now plastic waste.

Jan 5, 2022 12:34 PM in response to Georgyboy3

Yes, I completely understand they worked before. But I don't think you understand the difference between MFI Certified products versus non-MFI Certified. MFI certified means they are authorized to use Apple Codes and they will always work with Apple devices. Non-MFI Certified devices likely stole codes, which at the time worked, but won't work now.

When you purchase 3rd party products for Apple devices, ONLY buy MFI Certified products.

How to charge my Apple Watch that came with no charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.