Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have more than enough storage in my iCloud and it won’t let my phone back up because it said not enough storage. Why???

Why won’t my iPhone back up to iCloud when I have more than enough storage I’m paying for I have 180gb used on my phone and I have 200gb iCloud storage space. I’ve been paying for this storage for 3 months trying to backup my phone and it just won’t work, why?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:00 PM

A backup is larger than the content you are backing up, so that may be the reason. How much of your 200 GB are you already using for syncing and other uses? Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Manage Storage and check.

3 replies

Jan 28, 2022 8:20 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello,

I am having iPhone13 and last successful iCloud backup was on 1/15/2022. But, since yesterday, it was not able to do the backup and shwoing this iPhone cannot be backed, not enough storage.

I checked and found the last backup is having 3.4 GB only and total backup shows 4.2GB out of 5GB iCloud storage. I have not included the photos because they are using more than 30 GB (out of 128 GB).

What to do?

I have more than enough storage in my iCloud and it won’t let my phone back up because it said not enough storage. Why???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.