Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove a activation lock off of a iphone xsmax

i have a iphone xs max that was locked out i dont know what icloude i used to set up phone

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:40 PM

In order to remove Activation Lock, you have to enter the Apple ID and Apple ID Password you used to set up the device.

If you don't know your Apple ID (it's almost always your email address), you can try this link --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID Password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If neither of these links help, the ONLY way you can get Apple to help you would be for you to provide Apple the original purchase receipt with the serial number of the iPhone, providing you are indeed the rightful original owner. Without that, the phone will remain locked.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 6:40 PM in response to kaseysey32

In order to remove Activation Lock, you have to enter the Apple ID and Apple ID Password you used to set up the device.

If you don't know your Apple ID (it's almost always your email address), you can try this link --> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID Password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If neither of these links help, the ONLY way you can get Apple to help you would be for you to provide Apple the original purchase receipt with the serial number of the iPhone, providing you are indeed the rightful original owner. Without that, the phone will remain locked.

how do i remove a activation lock off of a iphone xsmax

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.