Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rosetta 2 option not showning up

Im trying to open epic games (which is an intel only app) through rosetta 2, but the option does not show up when I press "get info" on the app. also it didnt ask me to downlaod rosetta 2 when I first tried opened the app. I'm on MacOS Monterey version 12.1 on a 14" macbok pro m1 pro.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 1:44 AM

Terminal Command without Quotation Marks " /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta "

6 replies

Jan 7, 2022 2:42 AM in response to SeeamKhan

From source https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT211861

Using Rosetta

Rosetta is not an app that you need to open. Rosetta works automatically in the background whenever you use an app built only for Mac computers with an Intel processor. It translates the app for use with Apple silicon.

In most cases, you won't notice any difference in the performance of an app that needs Rosetta. But you should contact the app developer to inquire about a version that can natively use the full power and performance of Apple silicon.

Jan 7, 2022 1:10 AM in response to SeeamKhan

An option to open with Rosetta is only available for Universal Binary apps (Intel+M1) as they open by default with the M1 compatibility layer and someone may want to open in Intel mode for compatibility with NON M1 plug-ins. For Intel apps, the should just open after Rosetta is installed (in automatic, mostly). if they don't, therefore, they aren't "Rosetta compatible" although I haven't yet found an app which isn't Rosetta compatible.

Rosetta 2 option not showning up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.