Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopping CarPlay screenshots

If there is already an option…. I can’t figure it out. Help? I don’t want my phone screenshotting anything other than what’s on my phone. Apple should have an option for turning this off either on the phone or on the vehicle’s CarPlay.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities RustyMcClintock,

From your post we can see you have a question regarding screenshots while using CarPlay.

Let's see if you're able to change this in your CarPlay setting on your vehicle: Change settings in CarPlay. We'd also suggest making the Driving Focus is enabled on your iPhone too: Use the Driving Focus on your iPhone to concentrate on the road. This guide shows you how to set it up.

If you're not able to adjust the features to your liking and you'd like to leave feedback to Apple, please use this link: Product Feedback - Apple.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 6:37 AM in response to RustyMcClintock

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities RustyMcClintock,

From your post we can see you have a question regarding screenshots while using CarPlay.

Let's see if you're able to change this in your CarPlay setting on your vehicle: Change settings in CarPlay. We'd also suggest making the Driving Focus is enabled on your iPhone too: Use the Driving Focus on your iPhone to concentrate on the road. This guide shows you how to set it up.

If you're not able to adjust the features to your liking and you'd like to leave feedback to Apple, please use this link: Product Feedback - Apple.

Kind regards.

Stopping CarPlay screenshots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.