Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"wants to use the login keychain"

Hello!

I am using an iMac operating Big Sur v11.6.2.

I have a recurring issue which leads to my fans running at maximum speed and makes my computer totally unusable. I have to shut down and restart using the hardware power button as there is no other fix.

I get a series of pop-up messages which ask me to enter in the login keychain password. They cycle through as follows:

CommCenter wants to use the login keychain.

callservicesd wants to use the login keychain.

Spotlight wants to use the login keychain.

CallHistorySyncHelper wants to use the login keychain.

com.apple.iCloudHelper wants to use the login keychain.

accountsd wants to use the login keychain.

assistantd wants to use the login keychain.

iCloudNotificationAgent wants to use the login keychain.

It does not matter whether I enter the keychain password or click cancel, the messages keep popping up and I lose the ability to do anything with my computer.

As you can tell, this is extremely frustrating.

As a short-term solution, I have signed out of iCloud on my iMac, to see if that fixes the issue.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 7:01 AM

I have the same problem but when I look up the various things that want access they don't seem to exist, other than CommCenter.

Could this be a hack?

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 18, 2022 8:08 AM in response to gracyadafEvU

If your Mac keeps asking for your keychain password

If your Mac keeps asking for your keychain password

Your keychain may be locked automatically if your computer has been inactive for a period of time or your user password and keychain password are out of sync.You can set a length of time that Keychain Access waits before automatically requiring you to enter your password again.

1. In the Keychain Access app  on your Mac, click “login” in the Keychains list.
  2. Choose Edit > Change Settings for Keychain “login.”
  3. Select the “Lock after” checkbox, then enter a number of minutes.
  4. If you want to require a password each time the computer goes to sleep, select the “Lock when sleeping” checkbox.
  5. Click Save.

Jan 5, 2022 6:05 AM in response to gracyadafEvU

it sounds like corrupt keychain entries. if your Mac is managed this is far more common that if it's not managed but it can still cause problems either way:

open keychain access from your Applications/Utilities (or CMD+Space and type keychain access)

On the left hand pane under Category choose All Items

find the entries for these services

Right click and delete them one at a time.

reboot when finished.

In some instance you may need to wipe out more of the keychain but start with the offending apps first.

"wants to use the login keychain"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.