Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"something" wants to use the "login" keychain

There's a dialog box that suddenly appears that says "Commcenter/assistantd/CallHistoryPluginHelper" wants to use the "login" keychain. When it appears my Mac freezes and if I press cancel the Mac does not respond. I hope it is not a virus. I had to restart my Macbook to avoid that problem but it has appeared too many times, so what can I do so that those notifications no longer appear?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 8:23 AM

LSPDR wrote:

There's a dialog box that suddenly appears that says "Commcenter/assistantd/CallHistoryPluginHelper" wants to use the "login" keychain. When it appears my Mac freezes and if I press cancel the Mac does not respond. I hope it is not a virus. I had to restart my Macbook to avoid that problem but it has appeared too many times, so what can I do so that those notifications no longer appear?

Old issue , new issue , what changed?

What are you doing on the Mac when the dialog appears, what triggers the dialog...

Maybe a clue, and/or a outdated plug-in (?)

The "CommCenter" is a valid process running on the macOS

Path: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

The plug in is baked into the macOS

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CallHistory.framework/Support/CallHistoryPluginHelper

Verify your keychain remains unlocked

KeyChain Access.app

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 8:23 AM in response to LSPDR

LSPDR wrote:

Old issue , new issue , what changed?

What are you doing on the Mac when the dialog appears, what triggers the dialog...

Maybe a clue, and/or a outdated plug-in (?)

The "CommCenter" is a valid process running on the macOS

Path: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter

The plug in is baked into the macOS

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CallHistory.framework/Support/CallHistoryPluginHelper

Verify your keychain remains unlocked

KeyChain Access.app

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

"something" wants to use the "login" keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.