Constant popup asking for password for keychain assistantd?. Late 2013 MacBook Pro

Constant popup asking for password for keychain assistantd?. Late 2013 MacBook Pro became more and more unusable as apps stopped working. could not make it go away, finally click cancel enough and it would go away for a few minuets then come back. I don’t know what this is so I am not putting any password in the box...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 6, 2023 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 4:43 PM

FIXED! after trying everything all it took was to "POWER DOWN" the MacBook Pro and let it sit for about 5 min. and restart. Boom! fixed.

I had to "Power Down" the MacBook because I was losing all kinds of controls of apps and then the regular choice on the apple dropdown menu of "Shut down" wouldn’t even work after several tries which just kept eventually saying it was not responding... EVEN THE "FORCE SHUTDOWN" WOULDN’T WORK.

But now it IS FIXED after holding the power button down until it shut down then after a bit restarting it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 4:43 PM in response to not1lost

FIXED! after trying everything all it took was to "POWER DOWN" the MacBook Pro and let it sit for about 5 min. and restart. Boom! fixed.

I had to "Power Down" the MacBook because I was losing all kinds of controls of apps and then the regular choice on the apple dropdown menu of "Shut down" wouldn’t even work after several tries which just kept eventually saying it was not responding... EVEN THE "FORCE SHUTDOWN" WOULDN’T WORK.

But now it IS FIXED after holding the power button down until it shut down then after a bit restarting it.

Constant popup asking for password for keychain assistantd?. Late 2013 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.