Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 showing incorrect battery cycle count

After updating to ios 15.2 my iphone 11 which i have bought (newly bought) in Oct,2021 is showing incorrect battery cycle count. As per 1 battery cycle definition provided by apple:

When you discharge 100% of capacity it contributes to one battery cycle.

Example: I charged my phone to 90% on Monday used it till it reached 20%.(Total capacity used :70%). I again charged my phone from 20% to 90% on Tuesday.Now when on tuesday my battery reaches from 90% to 60% I would have completed my one battery cycle count.

To demonstrate the incorrect cycle count i am attaching my average battery usage image from settings.

On Wednesday morning(5th Jan,2022) 9 AM IST my battery cycles count were 43.When i checked my battery cycle count on Thursday morning (6th Jan,2022) 9 AM IST my battery cycles count were 44.

As you can see from the below image from 5th Jan,2021 9AM to 6th Jan,2021 9AM i have used less than 100% of my battery(only used 60% during this time duration). Still the battery cycles were increased from 43 to 44.

Can somebody explain me the issue and the corresponding reason behind why this is happening?

My iphone specs:

->Bought in Oct,2021(brand new and not refurbished)

->Current battery health as on 6th Jan,2022:100%

->Battery cycles count as on 6th Jan,2022:44

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 9:38 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Iphone 11 showing incorrect battery cycle count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.