Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable trackpad with Logitech M720

I have a new 16" MacBook Pro which has a large track pad. I use an Logitech M720 mouse connected by bluetooth. I want to be able to disable the trackpad when I am typing because I sometime touch the trackpad with the palm of my hand and send the curser flying. Clicking "ignore built-in track pad when mouse is present" in pointer control does not work. Is there another solution?

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 9:38 AM

I figured it out. Keep mouse connected by Bluetooth. Remove dongle from bottom of mouse. Connect dongle to USB to USB-C adaptor. Make sure “ignore built-in trackpad when mouse is present” is checked in System Preferences, Accessibility, Pointer Control. When you want to disable trackpad, plug dongle into MAC. Trackpad will not work, but mouse will continue to work by Bluetooth. Unplug dongle to start trackpad again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 9:38 AM in response to jerrylne

I figured it out. Keep mouse connected by Bluetooth. Remove dongle from bottom of mouse. Connect dongle to USB to USB-C adaptor. Make sure “ignore built-in trackpad when mouse is present” is checked in System Preferences, Accessibility, Pointer Control. When you want to disable trackpad, plug dongle into MAC. Trackpad will not work, but mouse will continue to work by Bluetooth. Unplug dongle to start trackpad again.

disable trackpad with Logitech M720

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.