Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi icon not showing on iPad Pro 11 Gen 3

Started up my new Pro 11 gen 3 and had problems with consistent wifi connection and no wifi icon on the home page despite the wifi connection being confirmed in settings. Hunted for answers and it was mentioned on this page the Norton 360 VPN might be the cause, indeed it was. I opened the 360 app completed set up and that resolved all my issues.

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:13 AM

If you have a VPN App or profiles, or a security App such as Norton installed, these can interfere with DHCP IP Address assignment in certain circumstances. As you observe, the straightforward solution usually only requires temporary removal of the security App or VPN profile during a software update process.

After completing setup, the App or profile can simply be reinstated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 10:13 AM in response to helpubuild

If you have a VPN App or profiles, or a security App such as Norton installed, these can interfere with DHCP IP Address assignment in certain circumstances. As you observe, the straightforward solution usually only requires temporary removal of the security App or VPN profile during a software update process.

After completing setup, the App or profile can simply be reinstated.

Wifi icon not showing on iPad Pro 11 Gen 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.