Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID Is not being accepted by my iPad

My apple I.d. Is not being accepted by my I pad~the pop up box says the user name or password is not valid. My same Apple I.D. Is accepted by my I phone.

my community user name is sandra3130

please help! Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 3:13 PM

I was able to sign in to icloud.com using the same Apple ID both username and password.

I tried the previous passwords used before with no success.

However, I just changed my password and it seems as if that resolved the issue. The new password is being accepted by my iPhone and iPad.

Thank you for helping.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 3:13 PM in response to Lyssa

I was able to sign in to icloud.com using the same Apple ID both username and password.

I tried the previous passwords used before with no success.

However, I just changed my password and it seems as if that resolved the issue. The new password is being accepted by my iPhone and iPad.

Thank you for helping.

Jan 7, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Lyssa

I did not install an update and am not trying to update an app.

This is the box that I am seeing:

”Sign in to I Tunes Store - Enter the password for your Apple ID” ( and it then included my Apple ID user name).

When entering my password (on several attempts,) it says Verification failed. Your Apple ID or password is incorrect.

I am not able to use my I Pad.

Please help. Thank you.

My Apple ID Is not being accepted by my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.