Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Volumes on 13 Pro iPhone - Alarm volume

I recently got the 13 pro iphone and could not figure out how to change the alarm volume. It does not adjust when you use the buttons on the side of the phone or the slider in settings under sounds. I have figured out there are 3 different volume levels on my phone, but read that Apple only does one level for all alerts. My ringer volume is separate from the Siri volume and adjusting either of those two volumes does not adjust my alarm volume. I need to adjust the alarm volume. Also, another issue with the alarm volume is that the first second (or fraction of a second) the alarm goes off it's extremely loud and then lowers to a much lower, consistent volume. Is the volume on my phone defective?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 1:04 AM

There are several volume levels as you found out. I make it four.

Make sure the "Change with buttons" is turned on in Settings, Sounds & Haptics, it makes it easier to fiddle with the volumes.

• You have an adjustment for Ringer which you can adjust while the home screen is visible. That will also adjust the Apple Alarm app and alert Notifications.
  • You have an adjustment for audio/media volume memory that you can adjust while listening to Audio on speaker.
  • You have a separate adjustment for audio/media volume memory that you can adjust while listening to Audio on headphones/bluetooth.
  • Finally you have a call (voice) volume level which can only be adjusted with the buttons during a live call.

If you use a third party alarm app they usually use the Audio on Speaker adjustment.

Ringer and alarm

Audio

Audio when using Bluetooth

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 1:04 AM in response to mandym4

There are several volume levels as you found out. I make it four.

Make sure the "Change with buttons" is turned on in Settings, Sounds & Haptics, it makes it easier to fiddle with the volumes.

• You have an adjustment for Ringer which you can adjust while the home screen is visible. That will also adjust the Apple Alarm app and alert Notifications.
  • You have an adjustment for audio/media volume memory that you can adjust while listening to Audio on speaker.
  • You have a separate adjustment for audio/media volume memory that you can adjust while listening to Audio on headphones/bluetooth.
  • Finally you have a call (voice) volume level which can only be adjusted with the buttons during a live call.

If you use a third party alarm app they usually use the Audio on Speaker adjustment.

Ringer and alarm

Audio

Audio when using Bluetooth

Different Volumes on 13 Pro iPhone - Alarm volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.