Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old notes locked !

Hi please can someone help me with that ? I have an old note and it's locked and I forgot the password how can I open it ?

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:29 PM

saleem237 Said:

"Old notes locked !: Hi please can someone help me with that ? I have an old note and it's locked and I forgot the password how can I open it ?"

-------

With a Password? No. The only way is to restore it from a time that it did not have a password. Passwords are security measures. And if you could break in to the files, then anyone could. So, look on an external source of sorts from a backup that does has this file without a password. Be certain your backup your device prior to the restoration.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 6:29 PM in response to saleem237

saleem237 Said:

"Old notes locked !: Hi please can someone help me with that ? I have an old note and it's locked and I forgot the password how can I open it ?"

-------

With a Password? No. The only way is to restore it from a time that it did not have a password. Passwords are security measures. And if you could break in to the files, then anyone could. So, look on an external source of sorts from a backup that does has this file without a password. Be certain your backup your device prior to the restoration.

Old notes locked !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.