Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I save a Pages document to "PDF export", where does it save to?

I'm sure it's in some folder somewhere. Does anyone know where?

Thanks!!

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:50 PM

You cannot get out of the File menu > Export To > PDF save panel without knowing, or directing the save location. On that save panel, ensure that the arrow adjacent to the folder selector is pointing up as it is in the following screenshot where it is adjacent to Desktop:

Pages remembers the last save location and that would be the default on this panel, as is my Desktop selection.

No one can possibly know where you last saved that PDF. If your startup drive has been indexed by Spotlight, and you have selected PDF Document as one of the Search Results categories, you may find the PDF if it is still on your startup drive. It may also be out on iCloud Drive too.

From the Spotlight icon 🔍 in your Finder menu bar, enter the following:

kind:pages created:>08/01/2021

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 6:50 PM in response to HappyAppleUser71

You cannot get out of the File menu > Export To > PDF save panel without knowing, or directing the save location. On that save panel, ensure that the arrow adjacent to the folder selector is pointing up as it is in the following screenshot where it is adjacent to Desktop:

Pages remembers the last save location and that would be the default on this panel, as is my Desktop selection.

No one can possibly know where you last saved that PDF. If your startup drive has been indexed by Spotlight, and you have selected PDF Document as one of the Search Results categories, you may find the PDF if it is still on your startup drive. It may also be out on iCloud Drive too.

From the Spotlight icon 🔍 in your Finder menu bar, enter the following:

Jan 7, 2022 1:39 PM in response to VikingOSX

"From the Spotlight icon 🔍 in your Finder menu bar, enter the following:"

Hi Viking,

Tried that with a pages doc I'd just exported to a different folder as PDF.

As I expected, this returned only the .pages version of the file.

Changing the 'kind' to pdf and searching again…

…found the .pdf version of the file, but did not tell where it was stored.

Getting that information required selecting the file name, then pressing command-I to Get Info, then click the disclosure arrow ( > ) to expand the General section.

Regards,

Barry

PS to HappyAppleUser71: The location shown in the Info window is not the default location for this type of file (or for any specific file type). Yours will likely be in a different location.

B.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.