Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't update passed Catalina

My Mac will not update passed Catalina. Is there a way to get the update outside of the system preference menu?

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 9:31 PM

akilahmas Said:

"can't update passed Catalina: My Mac will not update passed Catalina. Is there a way to get the update outside of the system preference menu?"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Upgrade:

Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

then...

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 9:31 PM in response to akilahmas

akilahmas Said:

"can't update passed Catalina: My Mac will not update passed Catalina. Is there a way to get the update outside of the system preference menu?"

-------

Troubleshooting macOS Upgrade:

Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

then...

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

can't update passed Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.